Noni Juice Cancer Fighting Benefits
Are there noni juice cancer benefits or properties?
Morinda citrifolia, more commonly known as Indian mulberry, beach mulberry, cheese fruit or noni, is a tree in the coffee family. It is native to Southeast Asia, but has been grown throughout the Pacific Islands, Tahiti as well as Costa Rica and other surrounding areas.
This tree grows equally well in shady forests, on open rocky areas or on sandy shores, reaching maturity about half way into its second year. It flowers all year round and produces roughly between 10-20 lbs of fruit each month.
High in carbohydrates and dietary fiber, noni also contains proteins, dietary fats, vitamins A and B3 (niacin), iron, calcium, potassium, sodium and vitamin C.
So, in what ways could there be noni juice cancer fighting properties? Described below are a few possible areas.
- A compound that has been isolated in noni and is believed to be accountable for a number of its biological effects is scopoletin. Along with other noni constituents, scopoletin is known to reduce blood pressure, have antibiotic, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as possess anti-tumor effects. This is only true, however, when it is not processed with heat (pasteurization).
- Noni is considered a natural food containing vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, antioxidants and phytochemicals. Noni capsules, which have the same benefits as the juice, contain the seed and fiber of the fruit as well - one capsule equaling about 3/4 tablespoon of juice. They are being used at the University of Hawaii at Manoa in an anti-tumor research project. Such research could open the door to more knowledge regarding potential noni juice cancer properties.
- Like grape, carrot, apple or juice of dark green vegetables, noni juice contains vitamin A along with other cancer fighting nutrients that work in conjunction with the thymus. In tests involving more than 25,000 people, with 1,822 of them suffering from cancer, 1,239 (of the 1,822) reported feeling better using noni; this noni juice cancer fighting effect makes it a much sought after alternative method of treatment.
- Juices, including noni juice, provide the body with the concentrated materials it needs to naturally heal itself - they eradicate free radicals, stop the spread of cancer cells, stimulate the immune system and white blood cells, as well as enable the cell membranes to enlarge to better absorb nutrients. Useful noni juice cancer fighting properties, indeed.
- The pineal gland, the small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain, produces melatonin and serotonin, two very important hormones in the human body. This gland also controls the other five glands below it. These are: the thyroid, which produces thyroxine to energize bodily cells; the thymus, which protects the body against cancer and infections; the pancreas, which is involved in regulating blood sugar and the secretion of insulin; the adrenal gland, which responds each time one experiences stress; and the last gland involving male and female reproductive organs as well as their hormones.
How the pineal gland influences all the other mentioned glands is through the production of a black colored juice, which is the same melanin color as the bodily organs. And noni juice apparently mimics this juice, even acting as its precursor, helping it to reach maximum function. In fact, noni juice is also black, highly similar to the melanin which gives our organs their color.
This means that noni juice has a very profound impact on various systems in the body. This provides direct as well as indirect noni juice cancer benefits. And, beside possible noni juice cancer fighting properties, this effect also contributes to many other health benefits of noni juice.
The important thing about noni products is that you find one that is not processed by heat, but rather is cold pressed with no added sugar, is not filled or reconstituted, and is free from preservatives. This is important, as anything else will not have the same results.
Even though there may be some noni juice cancer fighting potential, you should not be relying only on noni, or any other food or supplement alone, to deal with cancer. Instead, a holistic and comprehensive dietary and lifestyle treatment protocol should be employed. Indeed, with cancer, whole, raw, natural foods - fruits, nuts, seeds, vegetables, etc - are the ones that can help your body heal itself naturally.
Read More: More on Noni | Nutrition Health Articles - Foods, Diets, Supplements, Nutrients and more | About Food, Diet and Nutrition | Information on some Herbs | Favorite Herbs, Herbals Formulas and Foods | Natural Health Supplements - What to Consider | Home Page | Site Search
Click here for more pages and articles on Noni.
Some Related Noni Pages
Information on Noni Juice
Health Benefits of Noni Juice
Noni Juice Cancer Fighting Benefits
Return from this page to Nutrition Health Articles - Foods, Diets, Supplements, Nutrients and more
Return from this page Noni Juice Cancer Fighting Benefits to All 4 Natural Health... attaining good health naturally... Home Page