A Burdock Recipe or Two to Try
The first burdock recipe here is gobo chips. Wash burdock root throughly, do not remove skin. Using a vegetable peeler, slowly "peel" it into paper thin slices. Heat oil and deep fry till crisp. Be very watchful at this stage as the slices of root burn real easily. Remove from heat and sprinkle sea salt over it before serving.
Gobo chips has the sweetness of sweet potato and can be quite addictive. It is also easy to prepare and you will find that it is always real quick to disappear off the table.
Share YOUR Knowledge and Experiences
or Read Others' Contributions
Click here for more pages and articles on Burdock.
A note about A Burdock Recipe or Two to Try
Herbs are God and nature's gifts to us. While the use of herbs and herb remedies has brought excellent results for many people, do note that their health benefits may be limited when they are used in isolation. However, when combined with some basic dietary and lifestyle good health habits, such as a full body detox and a proper understanding and application of nutrition, the impact on one's health will be greatly magnified.
In natural health and healing, we believe that the body has the ability to heal itself of any disease, even supposedly incurable diseases. We also believe in holistic health and healing, as we realize that different parts of the human body are highly interlinked, often beyond Mans understanding. It is thus a good idea to apply these fundamental health steps no matter how remote or unrelated a health condition may seem.
Hiroko's Kimpira Gobo
1. Prepare the burdock and carrots in the same way, by washing and scraping the outer skin (they don't have to be peeled). Then cut into matchstick-sized pieces. As you're cutting the burdock, throw the pieces into a bowl of cold water to prevent them from turning brown in the air.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil. When it's hot, sprinkle in the sesame seeds and cook, stirring it for about a minute.
3. Drain the burdock and add it and the carrots to the pan. Cook and stir over medium high heat for about five to seven minutes.
4. Add soy sauce and continue stir-frying. If you wish, add the dashi (available in Japanese and other Asian markets) and water and continue stir-frying until liquid has evaporated. The total cooking time for this burdock recipe is about ten minutes. The burdock will change color from milky white to shiny gray / brown. This burdock recipe will give you a crisp, crunchy, earthy, and delicious dish.
Brown Rice with Burdock and Mushrooms
1. This burdock recipe will give a nice staple dish. First, cut shiitake caps into thin strips or rehydrate porcini in warm water.
2. Scrub burdock and whittle it off in slivers, placing them in cold salted water as you proceed. Soak for five minutes. Drain burdock and place in a heavy ovenproof pot with water, mushrooms, rice, carrot, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Burdock Pages | Burdock Plant - History and Information | Information on the Common Burdock | Burdock Root Benefits on Health | Burdock Tea - Benefits, Uses and Preparation | Burdock Root Tincture, Burdock Root Oil and other Burdock Root Uses | Burdock Herb Research and Studies on its Health Benefits | Side Effects of Burdock Root - Caution, Contraindications | A Burdock Recipe or Two to Try
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read. Leave a comment in the box below.
Return from this page A Burdock Recipe or Two to Try to List of Herbs - Information on some Herbs
Return from this page Burdock Root / Burdock Herb to All 4 Natural Health... attaining good health naturally... Home Page
[?] Subscribe To This Site
This website's content must not be reproduced or republished without express permission.
The information provided on this website is not meant to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any disease.
It is to be taken as suggestions or educational material and not to be considered professional advice.
Copyright© 2007-2014 All4NaturalHealth.com. All Rights Reserved.
Return to top