Endometriosis and Pregnancy - How Pregnancy Helps the Condition and How to Conceive the Natural Way

Endometriosis and pregnancy have an interesting relationship. On one hand, endometriosis can make getting pregnant difficult. On the other hand, once you do become pregnant, the signs and symptoms of endometriosis sometimes seem to magically disappear.

Many women turn to surgeries and other expensive treatment options in order to get pregnant when they suffer from endometriosis. However, if this is something that you only want to consider as a last resort, then you might want to try some natural methods first.

Getting Pregnant with Endometriosis

Let us discuss the first aspect of endometriosis and pregnancy - trying to conceive while having the condition.

In general, endometriosis and pregnancy do not go hand-in-hand when it comes to conceiving. In fact, nearly 20% of the women who have it will not be able to conceive at all. Still, many women who were told that they could never conceive due to endometriosis go on to have healthy, happy babies.

Share YOUR Knowledge and Experiences
or Read Others' Contributions

Click here for more pages and articles on Endometriosis.

A note about Endometriosis and Pregnancy - How Pregnancy Helps the Condition and How to Conceive the Natural Way

In natural health and healing, we believe in holistic health and healing, as we realize that different parts of the human body are highly interlinked, often beyond Man's understanding. We also believe that the body has the ability to heal itself of any disease, even supposedly incurable diseases.

In order to do so, the body needs the support of some basic dietary and lifestyle good health habits, such as a full body detox and a proper understanding and application of nutrition. No matter how remote or unrelated a health condition may seem, these fundamental health steps will greatly magnify the effects and benefits of any of our health-promoting efforts, including the use of specific natural health remedies.

Improving your diet is often a good place to start and can be done quickly. Both you and your partner should try to limit your caffeine intake. You should also consider adding more of the vitamin D and vitamin C to your diet, as well as calcium and zinc. All of these vitamins and nutrients can help when it comes to sending healthy sperm to your eggs.

Some women who suffer from endometriosis also have a tipped uterus. Contrary to popular belief, a tipped uterus does not mean that you cannot get pregnant. However, it can mean that the sperm is not reaching your eggs in the most effective way. For that reason, you should experiment with your sexual positions. The position which comprises of the woman being on top, for example, is not the best position for a woman with a tipped uterus to conceive.

Using an ovulation kit, rather than relying on a calendar, might be more effective in helping you figure out when you are ovulating and therefore when the best time to have sex is. Using the calendar method is not always helpful for those suffering from endometriosis because, oftentimes, they do not have regular 28-day cycles.

Endometriosis Symptoms during Pregnancy

Let us now discuss the second aspect of endometriosis and pregnancy - how being pregnant seems to help with the ailment.

Interestingly enough, women with endometriosis and pregnancy actually tend to see a decrease in their symptoms while they are pregnant. In some cases, their endometriosis is even cured altogether. As a result, many physicians are using natural progesterone in order to trick the body into thinking that it is pregnant, in order to alleviate the symptoms that some women have. This is referred to in the medical world as a "pseudopregnancy".

Taking natural progesterone, which is not the same thing as the chemically produced substance that is found in birth control pills, can tell the ovary not to produce estradiol. This, in turn, will keep the endometriosis from growing.


Endometriosis and pregnancy might not go hand-in-hand when you are looking to conceive, but pregnancy can definitely have a desired effect on it when it does occur. One positive way to look at the statistics is instead of thinking that you have a 20% chance of not getting pregnant, think about the fact that you have an 80% chance of getting pregnant.

Unfortunately, in severe cases where the fallopian tubes, ovaries, and lining are effected and there is a lot of inflammation, natural methods might not be as helpful as surgery. Even then, surgery isn't as beneficial for some cases as it is for others. For that reason, you should speak to your physician about your options.

Having read about endometriosis and pregnancy, you may want to learn more about this health condition by reading the related endometriosis pages and articles.

Read More: More on Endometriosis | Natural Health Remedies for Various Ailments and Conditions | Home Page | Site Search

Click here to learn more about practical methods you could use to effectively control and overcome endometriosis symptoms once and for all.

Click here for natural, herbal and homeopathic remedies for endometriosis.

Get Quality Natural Health Supplements at Reasonable Prices. $5 or $10 discount for new customers

Get natural, herbal and
homeopathic remedies
for hundreds of
health conditions and ailments. GO.

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read. Leave a comment in the box below.

Some Related Endometriosis Pages

Click here for more pages and articles on Endometriosis.

Return from this page to Natural Health Remedies, Natural Health Cures, Organic Remedies & Organic Cures

Return from this page Endometriosis and Pregnancy - How Pregnancy Helps the Condition and How to Conceive the Natural Way to All 4 Natural Health... attaining good health naturally... Home Page

Get Quality Natural Health Supplements at Affordable Prices. $5 or $10 discount for new customers

[?] Subscribe To This Site

follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines

Quality Natural Health Supplements at a Reasonable Price - iHerb Coupon and Referral Code

Follow this site

Site Search

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

This website's content must not be reproduced or republished without express permission.

Site Search

The information provided on this website is not meant to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any disease.
It is to be taken as suggestions or educational material and not to be considered professional advice.

Copyright© 2007-2014 All4NaturalHealth.com. All Rights Reserved.
Home | Links & Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Subscribe to E-zine | Site Search | Contact Us
Return to top