Anti Candida Supplements for Natural Treatment
Are you seeking effective and natural anti candida supplements?
First identified by the 1983 book entitled The Yeast Syndrome, by Dr. John Parks Trowbridge, candida yeast infection can be treated through the use of numerous supplements.
- Acidophilus - A "friendly" beneficial bacteria normally residing in the intestines. Naturally occurring acidophilus can be destroyed by heavy uses of prescription antibiotics, steroids and birth control pills. Re-introduction can be through dietary means or through capsule supplements.
- Antioxidants - Compounds that help protect against free radical damage, antioxidants such as beta-carotene, selenium, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C can protect against a wide range of diseases and may even slow down the aging process. A combination of antioxidants will work together synergistically to bring health to the body.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - An anti-fungal agent best used when treating external symptoms of candida, including vaginal yeast infections. You can add it to a warm bath and then soak in it. Some people enjoy adding it to recipes, drinks or salads.
- Basic High Quality Multi Vitamin & Mineral - At minimum, take one basic high quality, natural multi vitamin / mineral supplement everyday. A good multi vitamin acts as an insurance formula against possible deficiencies in diet and environment. Whole food supplements are best.
- Caprylic Acid - this anti candida supplement is a naturally occurring fatty acid that has been shown to kill candida organisms.
- Flaxseed Oil - A lack of dietary essential fats can lead to the onset of degenerative diseases like heart disease, cancer and stroke, as well as various auto-immune disorders. Flaxseed oil contains both essential fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6) in large amounts.
- Garlic - A much touted anti candida supplement, garlic eliminates candida yeast as well as other fungal infections, and also protects your bodily cells against damage from free radicals (as it works as a potent antioxidant). The high sulfur content in garlic also contributes to cell purification. Besides being taken in supplement form, fresh garlic can also be added to cooking, of course. Interestingly, the tablet form break downs only when it reaches the small intestines, so individuals worried about garlic-odor breath can rest assured that they will be "safe". However, some research has shown that garlic pills may not be quite as effective as fresh and raw garlic, so try to obtain pills that have a high potency label. Besides directly killing yeast and being a very useful herbal anti candida supplement, garlic helps to increase strength and boost immunity, as well as improve circulation and digestion, among other health benefits.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract - This is among the strongest anti-fungal agents in Nature, and thus one of the useful anti candida supplements. Grapefruit seed extract can be purchased in either liquid or tablet form. Also known as GSE, it should be diluted in water before consumption, as taking it straight from the bottle will be much too potent, and the oil can burn when taken directly.
- Oil of Oregano - This oil has antiviral, anti-fungal, as well as anti-inflammatory properties, and is thus another of the useful herbal anti candida supplements. About 10 drops per day of the liquid form can be used as a supplement, diluted in a glass of water. Alternately, enteric-coated soft gels are also available.
- Pau D' Arco - Pau DArco bark originates from a tree growing in Argentina and Brazil that does not have fungus even if other trees surrounding it have been infected. In part, this has to do with a chemical compound known as lapachol; this chemical may strengthen the immune system, thus making this plant a useful part of herbal anti candida supplements.
- Peppermint Oil - This oil should be taken in enteric-coated capsule form. Generally safe, inexpensive and quite effective to use, peppermint oil has also been widely prescribed for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Probiotics - Beneficial or good bacteria that improves the immune system, keeps the body's internal environment balanced, and helps the body to synthesize vitamins. Such bacteria also produce hydrogen peroxide, which effectively destroys candida albicans - another reason such supplements are useful anti candida supplements.
- Other useful supplements for herbal or natural candida treatment include echinacea, which stimulates the immune system; fiber supplements, for example psyllium, which clean the digestive tract; liquid chlorophyll; and certain plant enzymes, which help to digest yeast cells.
It is important to note that such anti candida supplements should be used as part of a wider natural candida treatment protocol, which includes important lifestyle and especially dietary changes. Without a proper candida cleanse diet, these supplements would be limited in their effectiveness as candida remedies.
Read More: More on Candida | Yeast Infections | Natural Health Remedies for Various Ailments and Conditions | Home Page | Site Search
Click here to learn about how to cure your candida yeast infection naturally, holistically and permanently.
Click here for natural, herbal and homeopathic remedies for candida.
Some Related Candida Pages
Click here for more pages and articles on Candida.
Return from this page to Natural Health Remedies, Natural Health Cures, Organic Remedies & Organic Cures
Return from this page to Herb Remedies & Herbal Cures
Return from this page Anti Candida Supplements for Natural Treatment to All 4 Natural Health... attaining good health naturally... Home Page
Get Quality Natural Health Supplements at Affordable Prices. $5 or $10 discount for new customers
Quality Natural Health Supplements at a Reasonable Price - iHerb Coupon and Referral Code
Follow this site